Yann’s 100 Day Art Challenge : portrait sketches

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Yann’s 100 Day Art Challenge : portrait sketches

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Meije DrawingMeije Drawing
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi guys,
    I’ve found my motivation here…i want to (re)learn drawing basics. So i follow the very nice videos from Steve (head drawing for beginners). It’s hard…force myself to do the basics, but so precious…
    So to have some fun with that everyday, i’ll do a quick (or not) sketch of a portrait each day. With the lessons in mind : find the forms, structures and simplify what i see.

Here’s my first try with the fantastic model Mather.

Mather 1

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 2
    I’ll post this, not finished
    Meije 2

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 3 : Revision with faces from imagination…bizarre heads but it shows me where i’m wrong

Meije 3

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 4 : Again, from imagination to see if i can make the elements right in place, form and size. Next step, more “boxing”…
    Meije 4

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 5 : today i tried to do a more realistic portrait (of my daughter), graphite (and charcoal for background)
    Meije 5

ianball58ianball58
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Good job. I like the way you chose to simplify aspects of the portrait in the first drawing yet retained its shape and idea.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks a lot Ian, this is what i try to do each day…

Day 6 : Portrait of my second daughter.
    Meije 6

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Your drawings of your daughters are very beautiful. I agree with ianball58. I like how you use just enough detail to express what is essential. You obviously are very skilled already, but I agree that returning to the basics is important no matter where you happen to be in your development. I agree, too, that Mather is wonderful subject as are your daughters. I recently completed a drawing of my son that I loved doing, and I plan to start another after I finish some of the lesson assignments I’ve been working on. I’ll check back to see more of your posts!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.