Simon Boulter’s Sketchbook

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Sketchbooks Simon Boulter’s Sketchbook

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Simon Boulter
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

1st Drawing since I quit Art College for a Pro MMA career 17 years ago. The Terminator.

I drew constantly from age 10 to 17, and went to art college. I wanted to be a comic book artist. I was competing as an amatuer MMA fighter during my year at college, and was doing very well. Since MMA became my biggest passion, I decided to quit college to pursue a career in MMA and Personal Training . I havent picked up a pencil since. I then went pro as a fighter soon after at 18.

This is my first drawing in 17 years since I quit college. And it is my first time ever drawing with pens. I really wanted to try them out. So did this drawing with a brush pen and pencil.

I’m surprised how much came back to me so quickly. I took my time and this took hours.

I’m really looking forward to seeing how much I can improve.

I have now signed up for New Masters Academy  and have started going through the lessons.I am beginning with the Beginners Guide to Drawing and have already picked up things I never learned in College. I’m excited to started painting as well as drawing.

I’ve only been back drawing a few weeks but am now practicing about 4 hours per day and loving it, treating it like practice and training like I did martial arts. I’m doing the NMA courses as well as my own drawings for fun. Since I retired from MMA years ago, it’s great to have something to put all my energy and passion into. I want to progress as much as possible and see how good I can really get over the next few months and years.

Any tips/advice appreciated. If you have any course suggestions for after I finish the Beginner’s Guide, that’d be great.

Simon

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Simon, Welcome Back!

Check out our course guide, this will help you navigate through courses like a college curriculum.
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.nma.art/course-guide/NMA-Course-Guide.pdf?utm_source=New+Masters+Academy+Updates&utm_campaign=4d4df835df-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2021_09_09_06_29&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c7c9eb6997-4d4df835df-&mc_cid=4d4df835df&mc_eid=UNIQID

Also, if you scroll up to the discord link, you can chat with 5k+active students and mentors

Don Xu
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Pro MMA? Nice! Always love a story of someone who went for an unconventional path in life.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.