Shazad’s 100 Day Challenge: Russian Drawing Course

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Shazad’s 100 Day Challenge: Russian Drawing Course

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 13: Skull

I started yesterday with the skull and am continuing to work on it today. The process now on will be quite slow for me, as i decided to combine the coming anatomical studies with my goal to improve accuracy. Being relatively new to drawing, proportions don’t come that easy yet. My method will be to view angles and put shapes on paper by eye, and then measure when something seems off. When i feel I am getting somewhere with the larger shape or that I am going terribly wrong, I will put my paper onto my computer screen and enlarge or reduce the image to approximately fit into my drawing and check by how much I am wrong or right, so I can have a method to analyse it. Then I will continue drawing, till i can get to a satisfactory result. This is how I worked on the skull drawing yesterday.

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 14:

Rendered skull. I messed up the background, so I cut out my drawing an pasted it on a newly prepared background. 🙂

Annie Survis
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Wow!! You have come so far in just two weeks. How do you feel like you’re doing???Are you happy with your progress so far?

As for “messing up” your background – I would just leave it. These drawings are like this really awesome journal of your progress – the good and the bad. In 100 days you can look back on all of the things you did and decide how you feel about them, and what you would change. I hope you have a picture of your background at home for yourself, even if you don’t feel comfortable sharing it here.

I can’t wait to see how far you are in another two weeks! Keep it up!

Peihong Jiang Peihong Jiang
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Shazad, I think you’ve improved a lot in two weeks! Keep it up!

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@AnnieSurvis Thanks very much for the encouraging words Annie. I am so far happy with the progress. Although every new task seems monumental its also a lot of fun. As for the background I’ll keep that in mind. In the moment I wanted to rescue my skull on which i worked long, from a few bad decisions in the background. 🙂

@PeihongJiang: Thanks very much Peihong. 🙂

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 15: Started skull construction from frontal view. Will be many more corrections before I start with the rendering.

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 16: Rendered the skull today as there was rain and thunder in Berlin. Unfortunately the sun came out again after.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

I agree with the others about your progress. I also agree with Annie about not worrying about the background. I really like the rough sketchiness of the initial drawings. I can’t imagine that your background would have been too distracting. If necessary you can just knock it back by darkening it. But I think a background with a little texture or something would have been more interesting than a solid dark. Nice job. Good to see so much progress.

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@PaulDidier Thanks for that Paul. Yes I will keep that in mind for future.

Here is Day 17:

Started Studying anatomical parts of the Cranium:

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 17 continued…

Started drawing of the skull in side view.

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 18:

This was a tough one. All nighter. First time from 3d viewer and among other things, the cast shadow of the Zygomatic bone gave me problems.

Wasn’t sure if I should leave it out to show the structure of the skull better.

CeciliaVedbergCeciliaVedberg
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I love this! Really well done!

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks very much Cecilia

André Girão TaufferAndré Girão Tauffer
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Very cool skulls Shazad! I love the one from day 16! Seems like you’re gonna know each bone before this is over

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Andre! There are many to get familiar with, in the body so good luck to me. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 179 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.